Sophar Limited is one of the leading pharmaceutical wholesalers in
Rwanda. The company has shown phenomenal growth right from inception.
Sophar’s core business involves importation and marketing of branded
pharmaceutical products within the Rwanda market. With a unique
semi-cooperative structure and successful business model shareholders
have been the main customers. The company is set on the path of faster
growth in product range, geographic reach and distribution capability
supported by expanded supply chain, a modern ware house, distribution
centres and multiple marketing agreements.
To ensure achievement of its strategic plans and objectives in an
efficient manner, the company requires the services of a Finance Manager
Job Title: Finance Manager
Job Purpose: The Finance Manager will be responsible for implementing
the finance policies of the company, recommending and implementing
internal controls related to financial processing and monitoring the
budget on a day-today basis. The Finance Manager will be expected to
contribute to the development and execution of the company growth
strategy, advising on the most prudent mechanisms for fiduciary
management of the company, ensuring that there are proper financial and
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for performance management and motivation of the Finance
and Administration (F&A) team, ensuring departmental internal
controls are established and strictly observed. Review activities,
assess training needs, mentor, set benchmarks and agree on execution of
2. Responsible for the preparation of latest estimate (LE) and following
year’s corporate and F&A annual budgets. Present detailed business
plan on how the budget will be achieved. Analyze variances and ensure
adequate control for effective service delivery.
3. Supervise and ensure the timely and accurate preparation of specific
accounting and management information for the control of the business,
including monthly, quarterly and annual accounts which meet both
internal and statutory reporting requirements.
4. Manage corporate finance and maintain corporation tax compliance.
5. Ensure financial, risk management and administrative records are
maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures, which
meet both internal and statutory reporting requirements.
6. Responsible for, within the limits of Company policy, ensuring
continuing confidence in the financial viability and stability of the
Company through timely cash flow forecasting, planning and ensuring
company funds are properly invested to satisfy short to long-term
funding requirements through banking arrangements, credit
extension/revenue collection from clients
7. Ensure all budgetary and financial reporting deadlines are met, for team and overall business
8. Responsible for the approval of latest estimate (LE), as required and
following year’s annual budgets of entire Company and subsequent
9. Co-ordinates the external financial and statutory audit exercises
whilst ensuring compliance. Monitors procedures to ensure internal
control systems operate effectively and that assets are safeguarded,
liabilities and expenditures controlled.
10. Provide advice on internal control implications of proposed changes
in company’s procedures, adherence to international accounting
principles and pursuing external audit recommendations.
11. Arrange for import guarantees and financial lease arrangements.
12. Responsible for enforcing internal controls, updating the Company’s
fixed asset register and ensuring safe custody of all company assets.
13. Responsible for ensuring effective administration of office support services, security services, transport and insurances.
1. Strategic planning to achieve profit/cost centre profitability
2. Managing overall expenditure budget and obtain specific efficiency performance targets
3. Maintain updated and accurate asset registers
4. Setting up appropriate credit (client and supplier) limits and
monitoring portfolios to mitigate credit risk while maximizing revenue
5. Managing a rolling 5 year financial plan and determining interventions.
6. Working capital management.
REPORTS TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR
SUPERVISES: Finance Department staffs. More specifically the following functions will report to the Finance Manager
• Accounts Payable
• Account receivable
• Credit control
Education: CPA or ACCA with at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following experience:
• Have at least five years of financial management responsibility in a
for-profit environment post Experience in successfully managing working
• Experience in dealing with cost management and optimization.
• Experience with initiating and leading improvement programmes,
developing and implementing strategic plans and overseeing change
• Experience with project management, procurement, overseeing advisors and contractors
• An understanding of private equity fund investor issues
• Strong, positive leadership, able to influence service providers and management teams.
• Experience in working with tax authorities and other relevant statutory bodies
• Timely reporting
• Compliance with all statutory requirements
• Receivables, Payables and Inventory management
• Cash management
• Driving efficiency in operations, including reducing Working Capital
needs and advising on opportunities for greater revenue generation
• Timely support to other senior management
• Good investor relations
• Robust internal audit controls
TERMS: The Competitive compensation that commensurate with
qualifications and experience. Benefits include health insurance,
contributory Pension Scheme, and General Personal Accident Insurance
Send your CV, cover letter and certificates to email@example.com if you
meet the above qualifications no later than 30th March 2018.